Here's what I came up with - see that I didn't even get to ten:
- My engagement ring.
- The blue coat I had made last winter.
- A silver christening spoon.
- The armchair which belonged to my great-grandfather.
- The portable writing-desk my grandfather gave me, which belonged to his aunt.
- My Tod's handbag (a 30th birthday present)
- My bed, with the headboard a friend made for it.
- (Maybe) my apple laptop.
And that is actually about it. Is that odd? I would miss all my many books, but in a way it is not so much the physical books themselves that I need, as the memory of them, and hence the ability to find the information they contain again. I don't value books as objects in themselves, very much.